Monday 15 October 2012

KB2661254 Kills My Sharepoint Foundation Web Front End

The Windows Update KB2661254 took down one of my Sharepoint Foundation Web Server Front Ends today. Luckily I have split when my servers update so it did not take down my Farm.

This update only seems to be affecting the Web Front Ends on Windows Server 2008, the Web Front Ends on Windows Server 2008 R2 are unaffected.

This Windows Update is to fix a problem that Microsoft are having with minimum certificate key length. It is not a security update so I blocked it in WSUS and uninstalled it and now I am back up and running.

Be sure to test this update before putting it onto your live Sharepoint 2010 Farm.


2 comments:

  1. yep... killed my sharepoint box as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are also having issues with this patch.. getting 401, 403, and 404 errors for SharePoint sites (WSS 3.0 and MOSS 2007).

    Our Windows Server 2008 R2 front ends are also unaffected but our SSRS servers (also on 2008 R2) had issues that forced us to uninstall the patch. Definitely test this in DEV first!

    ReplyDelete